- Customer Insights In Plain View: The amount of data that comes from social media metrics is extensive. Social media metrics can showcase information about your audience in reference to –who they are, what they like and how they even feel about your brand. After gaining these insights, your brand can use that information to reformat your content, campaigns and strategy to better fit your audience or target audience.
- Increase Brand Awareness, Loyalty and Advocacy: When your business is active on social media, you can engage with your audience right in the platform they already are in. Connecting with your customers on social enhances retention and awareness because of the presence and recurring placement of your business content instream.
- Social Media Helps Your Business Deliver Better Customer Service: Twitter has become the first place that users are turning to engage with a brand if something is happening (good or bad) with a product. Use that to your advantage.
- Ability to Manage Your Brand’s Reputation Online: By being active in the communities on social channels with your users, audiences and customers, your business can control the persona of your brand. Within the platforms you can reply to reviews, retweet and reply back to comments and meet your audience where they are. Community management is key to your business reputation online.
- Ad Targeting: Social ads are an inexpensive way to promote your business and distribute content. These ads can allow you to target users on the platform by if they follow your business, if their friends follow your business as well as by geo-location, demographics, interests, connections and behaviors.
- Generate Higher Converting Leads: Social media can increase sales and customer retention through regular interaction, consistent content and timely customer service.
- Give Your Brand Voice The Light of Day: Social Media is great place to showcase your brand voice and show some personality which allows your users to connect with you at a new level. Since the content is dispersed within the stream of content that includes friends and family stories, it’s trusted, natural and more intimate.
- Provide Visual Customer Experience and Story: Some social channel are completely geared towards visual storytelling. Use them to your advantage. Give a personality to your brand by using image and video content to speak of your brand, products or services.
- Increase Website Traffic and Search Ranking Placement: You can create content that links directly back to your businesses website for new products, services or blog articles to drive some more web interactions. Not only does social media help you direct people to your website, but the more social media shares you receive, the higher your search ranking will be.
- Scope What Your Competitors are Doing: You can watch pages of your biggest competition to see how they engage with their audience, what kind of content they are creating and if they are getting any interactions.
I’ve been asked a few times lately as to why a business should be on social and what the benefits are. I figured, what better way to talk about it than bring the blog back!
Party on. Ambushed.